So I just watched The Theory of Everything for the second time. Couldn't actually tell if it's a love story or not because I found it very amusing as it talks about almost everything actually. Love, science, family, religions and all. I love how they simplified the long absurd explanations about black hole atoms etc and made them easier to be understood. Or maybe I also like the movie because of how they portrayed everything in a very clean plot.
I'm a big fan of love movies, songs and novels. I used to think Nicholas Sparks has the best kind of love novels but maybe as I'm getting older, I noticed that love is no longer a funny thing and it's not always beautiful. But as for The Theory of Everything, I have to say, Jane Hawking is one strong lady. So as what the movie had portrayed, Jane married Hawking even when she knew he was diagnosed with motor neuron disease that disallows him to do simple daily routines, voluntary actions. She knew he can't walk, move, hold something but little did she care about it. Amazing huh, how love can give strength and how sometimes it becomes the disease. Never once her love fades away, even up until they're no longer living under the same roof. Even when she knows, life offers her nothing more than just another responsibility of taking care of another living person while having to juggle with her own job and self. She supports, she believes and she cares. It has nothing to do with teaching but she surely had taught me something. Something beautiful about how teachers can always be there for their students. Of course, children, they're beautiful souls, pure and innocent. It has always been the responsible of their surrounding to raise them, both physically and mentally. How to tell them six is bigger than five, 'A' is the capital letter for 'a'. Sounds easy, isn't it? If Jane can gives such unconditional care towards Hawking, that's how we should do. Let's not try to imagine that children are disable and need not to be treated like they're stupid. But more towards keeping in mind that they are our only blank slates that need to be taken care of, without hoping anything in return. When I was teaching in a kindergarten, two years ago, I learned that the best thing about teaching, is to finally listen to them repeating after you confidently. And able to do understand the whole crappy things you're struggling to explain. It's more than enough, need no flowers or money.
And as for Hawking, when the doctor told him he only had two years, he is now 73. How amazing Allah, the Most Merciful is. To shed some light, Hawking is an atheist. When he came out with the theory of the black hole, he denied God's existence. Until he came out with the new theory that disproves his first theory. Needless to say, he finally admitted that God exists. Well, because he's an atheist married to a Christian lady, we could say that at least he realized that this world has its Creator. But however, he remains an atheist today. If the doctor told him he had two years of living, Allah has been kind enough to grant him another few decades to live. Come to think of it, maybe he has been given the time to explore and explore and explore until he finally stumbles across the fact that this universe does have a Creator. I really hope for that you know, hoping for the day when scientists start to believe in the Almighty. Beautiful, isn't it? No matter how far you're trying to run away, you will always come back to Him.
Now you know why I watched The Theory of Everything for the second time.
No comments :
Post a Comment