Friday, June 13, 2014

How My Vision and Perspective are Widen.

Once, I thought I have the whole world in my hand. I perceived the world in my own point of view so I have neglected others perception and the reality. Until I become part of a big, new society which at first I thought that it would be interesting and fun. I was wrong. I became part of the society which is ruled by thousands of other 'societies'. I was so wrong in assuming that this new life I’m facing is as beautiful as it sounds. So this is how I met people and learn to live again.
 
The Intelligent & Wise Ones
I would say that your environment affects your life and how you perceive the world, totally. Here, I’ve met lots of people with brains and they are really appreciating the utmost role of a brain. When you sit with intelligent people and talk to them, believe me, the words from your mouth can sometimes be the new words you would’ve never thought of using them. It’s like the rebirth of your unused brain, like sipping a glass of cold water on a hot weather. And your vision suddenly becomes clear, as if a pair of magic glasses is given to the blind. I’ve sat in a class of a wise lecturer who view this world differently because she doesn’t see the idea of disagreeing to some of the norm of a society as a wrong thing. I agree to most of her idea but a human is still a human, maybe some things are better to be said but not to be practised; not because it’s wrong, but maybe because society forces us to just watch and listen to your surroundings. This is how I learn to perceive the world intelligently.
 
The Intelligent & Unwise Ones
Being part of a research university community would give a very cliché perception, “Universiti pandai kan untunglah keliling semua orang pandai-pandai.” Hold it right there people. Research University does define your intelligence but not your attitude. I’ve met people with ridiculous results; be it a doctor-to-be, an engineer-to-be or even a scientist-to-be, but unfortunately the only thing they can be proud of is their pointers. I’ve seen cases of people with brains become absurdly ignorant when it comes to common sense like giving respects to others, punctuality, practicing good ethics and of course, in solving problems. It’s sad when the only intelligent things that come from their mind are formulas and theories but nothing on rationality, maturity and common courtesy. They are not stupid, but they choose to be ignorant by narrowing their mind, probably because they have been living in their comfort zones since forever that they don’t even realise those zones are getting weaker and smaller. This is how I learn how to live with a brain, not grades.  

The Talkative & Productive Ones
Living in society can be so interesting when you get the chance to meet people, knowing their personalities and judging their excellence in dealing with the world. Teehee. So, thank you for those activities that I’ve joined, I’ve finally met those that practice what they preach. Let’s put in in a simpler sentence. You cakap banyak tapi kerja jalan. Haaa the easiest explanation. I swear I love working with this kind of verbally and physically productive people. You see at times talkative people can be so annoying especially when you have to get your works done and they have to get their words being said. Sometimes I, too, would have this kind of urge to shout on their face “SHUT UP WILL YOU?” but I just can’t because oh god, these people can be so good at getting their works done. Allahu, I really treasure my time working with these people. So this is how I learn to be verbally wise and amazingly productive.
 
The Talkative & Empty Ones
Their words never stop and their works never start. God please allow me to not to meet these type of people anymore. So good at works but never try to practise it in their actual life. People would see them as people with great minds and ideas when the truth is, you’ll regret working with them. Cakap berdegar-degar tapi satu kerja pun tak jalan. This is one of the hardest parts of living. They get the credits because of giving new ideas and they also get the credits for doing the job (which is not done by them) excellently. Enough said. So this is how I learn that words are merely words if you don’t really mean it.
 
The Individualistic & Bold Ones
What will you do when your closest friend is an individualistic? At first, I had problems dealing with them because you see, we are living in a collectivist society. Of course, it may sound nothing since yeah, you are living in a society so what’s the big deal of becoming part of it? All you have to do is, follow the norms, behave like the society, agree to all the dos and don’ts without questioning and think like the society. We are afraid to give our opinion because people perceive it wrongly, not because you are wrong, but because you are saying something that contradicts to our norm. Collectivism brought us all to a very tiring world with the same dimension: “You are part of the society so think and behave like the society.” But in my point of view, when you have something to say, why be afraid to speak and bother about what people’s reactions when you know you are right? There are differences between being firm and being egoistic. Being firm is when your judgment is right, but people don’t accept it because you are right so they hate you for being right about things that are out of the norms. Egoistic is when your judgment is vague and wrong so people reject it but you still think that you are right so they end up hating you. That’s stupid. For me, there is nothing wrong about being individualistic as long as you know how to respect your society.
 
You can't say no to the society. You were born in it and of course you are left with no other option. Take it or leave it. So it's your decision whether to teach your society or to learn from your society. As for me, I am thankful living in a big community for at least I've met so many kinds of people and now I have a better view of the world.

No comments :