WARNING
Those who are going to read this are advised to open your mind really wide and if you can't deal with your judgmental issue and can't stop being prejudice, I advice you to close this tab. You can spare your time to read this, if you want.
Years and years ago, I have this kind of hatred feeling towards Kpop. I hate them. No. Not hate but LOATHE them. I hate seeing men making cute faces and dance ridiculously. This feeling started to grow when I was watching the Rokkuga (or whatever the word is spelled as) by Super Junior. That was the very moment that I said, "This piece of music is such a pain". And so when I tuned into Hitz channel, I saw some music video by Super Junior (again). Wrong song and wrong timing. The song was Sorry Sorry and so I felt so sorry towards Super Junior that I actually said "Eii menyampah lak aih dengan Kpop ni".
I never listened to any of Korean songs. Ever. Except for the songs from movies or dramas. The first Korean drama that I watched was Full House. I admit that it is a good one. Since my sisters suggested the drama, I gave it a try and so it was good. I like something that doesn't show the silly side of a girl, pretending to be cute all the time. I like something that looks natural, our daily life situation. So from scale 1 to 10, I'll give 7 for this drama. And as for songs or bands, back then, Kakak loved to play the songs by TVXQ. The first song that I heard was Mirotic. I was amazed by the vocal, high pitch notes and of course, the dance. And so that's the only song from a boyband that I ever heard.
But still, that didn't change my perception towards the stupid, lame Kpop thingy. Then I started to watch Running Man (also was suggested by Kakak). I find that the reason why I love RUNNING MAN is because they aren't fake. Not fake in making jokes. Not fake in trying to attract the audience. They are true. They are being themselves. And they have ethics. Despite the funny things, they are full with respect towards each other. That makes me love Running Man. But I still have this kind of habit of making fun of Kpop things.
Until one day, I was playing with my phone while Kakak was watching ROOFTOP PRINCE. To my amazement, I stopped scrolling the timeline and I actually paid attention to the drama. But it only lasted for few minutes before I went back to may activity. The next day, I dared myself to join her and guess what, in three days, I've finished the whole episodes. I WAS SHOCKED. I started to Google the songs and find them on YouTube. Form scale 1 to 10, I'll give 9 for this drama. And then my sister showed me HELLO BABY SHINEE (because the baby guest is extremely cute). Currently I am watching the whole series. While watching the series, I realized something. My assumption that I've been holding onto is wrong.
In the variety show Hello Baby, I can actually assume that Korean groups (some of them) are different. To find out why, I went to YouTube and typed Shinee. I listened to their musics. I watched their steps and choreography. And when I've watched quite a number of videos of Shinee, I can conclude that those who have the baseless statement about how stupid Kpop is, YOU PEOPLE ARE WRONG. They are actually good. Let me tell you once again. I am not a Kpop fan. But I respect their hardwork. When they dance, they dance. And they are very good. I watched Shinee's dance videos. Fuuuhhh as a girl, I won't hesitate to say that I can go fangirling over their tremendous and amazing steps. And the songs, the melodies are good.
These Korean band, they always have their element of surprise. They know how to make their fans feel happy and appreciated. They are very hardworking. I went through some reading on how hardworking they are to make sure that they could come out as a good product. I would like you people to think once again, when we talk bad about the bands, don't we realized that they've brought their names around the world? Shinee performed in Paris you know. They have their own fans there. So, which part of LAME they actually are? At least, when we are busy talking about silly Kpop, they have written their name on their fans heart around the world. What are we doing? Judging and criticizing all the time. Macam kedai kopi.
Sebenarnya inilah yang sedang berlaku dalam kehidupan kita, dalam negara kita, dalam masyarakat kita. Terlalu sibuk bercerita tentang orang lain, sedangkan kita masih di bangku warung, orang lain dah duduk di kerusi pengarah. Think about it.
If you ask me, did I transform myself into a Kpop fan, I would definitely reply NO. Because I still dislike the girl bands which display too much skin and erotic dances. I hate that. And there are also some groups that I dislike (Super Junior especially) because their songs are totally weird. Sorry guys. But if you ask me which group that I prefer, I would have Shinee and TVXQ as the answer. Because their dances and songs are very 'manly'. And they are the only group that I'm listening to. Haha.
You might think that I've been influenced by the Kpop wave. Go on and judge me. I am just giving my point of view. I admit my mistake for being too judgmental. And if you are judging me now, you too, are being judgmental. Hahaha kidding.
You might think that I've been influenced by the Kpop wave. Go on and judge me. I am just giving my point of view. I admit my mistake for being too judgmental. And if you are judging me now, you too, are being judgmental. Hahaha kidding.
No comments :
Post a Comment