I have always been dreaming of studying abroad. When I was in my primary school, I watched my cousin being sent off to the airport to pursue his study in Australia. I decided that I should fly somewhere, I should study abroad. I was the only one among my siblings who actually talked about this particular dream to my parents. Of course, which parents wouldn't like to see their ambitious children? Each and every day during my secondary school, I went on internet and started searching for universities in United Kingdom, United States, Australia... everywhere. I looked for the qualifications and what should be done. I even tried to imagine myself sitting on their stupendous libraries, or even spending my evening on a park, just like they always do in movies. I prayed each and every night to make my dream a reality. But when I finally got my SPM result, I knew that it wouldn't be the best way to keep holding onto my dream. I couldn't apply for any scholarships to study abroad since I didn't get sufficient amount of As. I did cry. I just didn't show it.
I tried searching every available university, any institute that would accept me. But I failed. None of it would want to accept an average student like me. I wasn't born to study abroad. Of course, I knew my parents were a little bit disappointed since I'm the last in the family, I should be the last one to make them feel proud. Sorry mom. Sorry dad. I guess I'm not that smart to achieve that dream for both of you. I was hurt. Very much hurt. But then, what hurts me most is when four of my best friends are now scattered all around the world. Mesir, Jordan, US and Canada. Seeing them posting pictures, talking about the weathers and the natives, who wouldn't get jealous? I did cry. I just never want to show it.
I have always dreamed of travelling. I love the idea of spending my time on the beaches, in autumn, the images of streams, the flowers, the beautiful natures around the world, the pure white snow. I have always loved Venice. I love Bora-Bora. I would love to volunteer myself to teach in Africa, at the refugees campsite, teaching the unfortunates, join the soup kitchen. I would love to join animal activists, WWF, or even protecting the children by joining UNICEF. But I guess I dream to much. It's hard enough for me to ask for my parents approval to go somewhere inside the country, and now travelling outside? Of course it's always gonna be a big no. I haven't got the chance to go for vacations with my friends. I hardly get the chance for a sleepover. I never stepped on Broga Hill. Some said my parents are too strict. Some said they're over-protective. I couldn't say a thing. I'm their daughter. So yeah I'm just here. Sitting in silent. Waiting for the days to come where I could actually go somewhere else, across the border. But nevermind. I knew He has got better plans for us all. So I decided to pursue my dream to be an English teacher and applied for TESL Foundation in UiTM Lendu. Alhamdulillah, I was accepted and ended my study with flying colours result. Then without no further hesitation, I chose TESL in UPM and all praises be to Allah again,for letting me to pursue my study as a TESL student in UPM. At least I know I am now on the right track.
You see, in life, there are things that we couldn't get easily. Some things are not meant to happen in our lives. Maybe I won't get the chance to study abroad now. Maybe I could when I have to pursue my studies later. Maybe I couldn't go traveling with my friends now. Maybe someday I'm going to travel with them when I'm financially stable on my own. Maybe I could only dream of traveling aimlessly around the world right now. Maybe one day, I'm going to do all these with someone that I love. Maybe when I have my own income and my life is well-organized, then I could bring along my mom and dad (although mom would never want to go on planes). Maybe one day when Allah allows me to meet someone who shares the same ambition as me, to travel and enjoy the beauty of nature, to study humans' nature and to listen to British accent, to teach alphabets to the poor kids or to feed the homeless, or to ride a gondola on Venice river and go for snorkeling at Bora-Bora, maybe then I would marry him and we could live our life as travelers; contributing and experiencing. Maybe it's not now. Maybe it's not the time yet.
One day, InsyaAllah. One fine day.
I have always dreamed of travelling. I love the idea of spending my time on the beaches, in autumn, the images of streams, the flowers, the beautiful natures around the world, the pure white snow. I have always loved Venice. I love Bora-Bora. I would love to volunteer myself to teach in Africa, at the refugees campsite, teaching the unfortunates, join the soup kitchen. I would love to join animal activists, WWF, or even protecting the children by joining UNICEF. But I guess I dream to much. It's hard enough for me to ask for my parents approval to go somewhere inside the country, and now travelling outside? Of course it's always gonna be a big no. I haven't got the chance to go for vacations with my friends. I hardly get the chance for a sleepover. I never stepped on Broga Hill. Some said my parents are too strict. Some said they're over-protective. I couldn't say a thing. I'm their daughter. So yeah I'm just here. Sitting in silent. Waiting for the days to come where I could actually go somewhere else, across the border. But nevermind. I knew He has got better plans for us all. So I decided to pursue my dream to be an English teacher and applied for TESL Foundation in UiTM Lendu. Alhamdulillah, I was accepted and ended my study with flying colours result. Then without no further hesitation, I chose TESL in UPM and all praises be to Allah again,for letting me to pursue my study as a TESL student in UPM. At least I know I am now on the right track.
You see, in life, there are things that we couldn't get easily. Some things are not meant to happen in our lives. Maybe I won't get the chance to study abroad now. Maybe I could when I have to pursue my studies later. Maybe I couldn't go traveling with my friends now. Maybe someday I'm going to travel with them when I'm financially stable on my own. Maybe I could only dream of traveling aimlessly around the world right now. Maybe one day, I'm going to do all these with someone that I love. Maybe when I have my own income and my life is well-organized, then I could bring along my mom and dad (although mom would never want to go on planes). Maybe one day when Allah allows me to meet someone who shares the same ambition as me, to travel and enjoy the beauty of nature, to study humans' nature and to listen to British accent, to teach alphabets to the poor kids or to feed the homeless, or to ride a gondola on Venice river and go for snorkeling at Bora-Bora, maybe then I would marry him and we could live our life as travelers; contributing and experiencing. Maybe it's not now. Maybe it's not the time yet.
One day, InsyaAllah. One fine day.
No comments :
Post a Comment