Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Sky Full Of Stars .

I just stood there and looked upon the sky. It was nothing unusual, the same stars, the same moon, humid and silent. I tried so hard to never look down for I might be losing another teardrops and I have always prefer to look up whenever my heart is sinking. I saw a clear vision of a man with the strength of ten men and a heart as pure and crystal clear as an untouched river. I saw a clear picture of a woman with the spirit as free as the wind and a love as red and glowing as a ruby. 

My father who never once let his children sees any teardrop from his wrinkled eyes. And never once did he ask us to do anything as long as he knows he can always do it by himself. All this while I have seen his old strong hands and two tireless feet working so hard for us, just for us to have what we're having right now. I have seen the fire in his eyes and how he demanded for happiness of his family, I saw it. I saw it clearly. And though now his feet are no longer taking him around the earth as they used to do, and he may fell sick sometimes and get tired easily for few moments since he no longer embraces the strength of ten men, regardless, I still see the sparkles in his eyes and I know they will never die. For he is the strongest man I have ever known. 

My mother who never once allow her children to feel unloved for her heart is an ocean full of love. And never once did she ask for anything for her own sake because she believes our beating hearts are her breath. Ever since I was born, all I see is a beautiful woman who never get but give, who never cry but smile, how she patiently endure every single circumstance and still makes us believe everything is going just fine. I see nothing but her undivided affection towards us whom she called her life, her reason to live. And though the visible veins are erupting from her soft skin and she sometimes may sleep like a baby for she no longer has the strength of a young woman, but her spirit shall forever be young and her heart that beats, I can always hear her endless love and unspoken hopes. For she is the strongest woman I have ever known.

I dedicate this post for two ordinary people who shall walk in this earth unnoticed. Their names shall never be carved on a monument. They have no reason to go on television and allow the world to praise and cheer at their presence. But every step they took will forever be noticed and followed by me. Their names will forever be carved in every single vein that wraps around me. They have every reason to appear before my eyes and forever I will cheer at the memory of them. They shall live in every single cell that builds me up.

I dedicate this post for myself. Should I be reminded that if one day I would go astray and leave everything behind, if I might be drowning in my own world and abandon those who would trade their lives just to see a smile on my face, I shall read this post again. And to remember how I have cried so much gazing at the stars tonight and thinking of how grateful I am to be loved by these two ordinary people, I should always remember those hands that have been holding so much pain and those feet that have been walking so far.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

kau rindu aku ehhh -self-centered guy