*stretching hands and yawning*
I don't know what's got into me but seems like I've posted 3 posts in one day. WHAT?
*Ouh no no no Adlina, You know it's not a good thing*
You've become addicted with Blog. Eeek!
I was quite disappointed with everything that happen around me.
I easily get afraid. Lack of self-confidence?
No, more to Pantophobia. Yikes!
Afraid of everything.
Some people have certain ways to overcome their boredom.
Some goes to shopping. Some prefers movies. Some would immediately go to sleep.
Me? I prefer writing. Or reading. English novels usually.
Ok now listen, yes, you can just say I'm not proud of my own language,
when 90% of my post are written in English.
DON'T JUDGE ME IMMEDIATELY, PEOPLE.
It's not that I hate my language. I was born to be a Malay.
My official language is Malay.
I am a MALAY which I could say, I'm proud of it.
Plus, my father is a Bahasa Melayu teacher.
Sometimes, a minor grammatical error on newspaper, dad will directly say "Apa yang salah dalam ayat tu?". Well, he never called a grammatical error as a small mistake. It's a major mistake for him. You never know the real side of him until you have to do Tatabahasa exercises in front of him and when you've made silly mistakes, his voice strikes like a lightning.
We were born to use the correct Bahasa Melayu.
And it's silly when people change Bahasa Melayu to Bahasa Malaysia.
My God! Have you ever heard Bahasa England? or Bahasa Amerika? or Bahasa Brunei? or Bahasa Singapura? or even Bahasa Iraq? NO!
English for England and America. Bahasa Melayu for Brunei and
Bahasa Arab for Iraq.
Get what I mean?
So the correct phrase are BAHASA MELAYU.
Ok now my main point is, why I prefer English novels?
Yes I do admit, Konserto Terakhir, Interlok,
or Di Sisi Rinda are examples of good novels.
Written by our Sasterawan Negara.
Or Mandatori by Ramlee Awang Murshid?
But Malay novels nowadays are dissapointing.
The language actually, the way the writers narrate.
Sometimes you feel like returning the book back to the bookshop after you've finished 4 pages.
Some novels are good. But it's cliche.
"A poor girl who actually came from a rich family"
"Contract marriage"
"Puppy love"
"Aristocrat business money money money blah blah blah"
Cliche, isn't it?
Maybe our writer need to put some fresh ideas. We need to change and broaden the mind.
I've read a few novels which are so motivating.
First, Kira-Kira written by Cynthia Kadohata.
Or even, Mummy's Little Girl by Jane Elliot.
Or Waves by Sharon Dogar.
This novels are very good actually. Beautifully narrated.
But to all Malay-novel-readers who really loves the novels, you're a good reader.
I also love Ain Maisarah. Cool eh? Haha. I remember reading Aku Mahu Popular.
It's cool.
p/s : still searching for good Malay novels. I hope there are many suggestions.
I don't know what's got into me but seems like I've posted 3 posts in one day. WHAT?
*Ouh no no no Adlina, You know it's not a good thing*
You've become addicted with Blog. Eeek!
I was quite disappointed with everything that happen around me.
I easily get afraid. Lack of self-confidence?
No, more to Pantophobia. Yikes!
Afraid of everything.
Some people have certain ways to overcome their boredom.
Some goes to shopping. Some prefers movies. Some would immediately go to sleep.
Me? I prefer writing. Or reading. English novels usually.
Ok now listen, yes, you can just say I'm not proud of my own language,
when 90% of my post are written in English.
DON'T JUDGE ME IMMEDIATELY, PEOPLE.
It's not that I hate my language. I was born to be a Malay.
My official language is Malay.
I am a MALAY which I could say, I'm proud of it.
Plus, my father is a Bahasa Melayu teacher.
Sometimes, a minor grammatical error on newspaper, dad will directly say "Apa yang salah dalam ayat tu?". Well, he never called a grammatical error as a small mistake. It's a major mistake for him. You never know the real side of him until you have to do Tatabahasa exercises in front of him and when you've made silly mistakes, his voice strikes like a lightning.
We were born to use the correct Bahasa Melayu.
And it's silly when people change Bahasa Melayu to Bahasa Malaysia.
My God! Have you ever heard Bahasa England? or Bahasa Amerika? or Bahasa Brunei? or Bahasa Singapura? or even Bahasa Iraq? NO!
English for England and America. Bahasa Melayu for Brunei and
Bahasa Arab for Iraq.
Get what I mean?
So the correct phrase are BAHASA MELAYU.
Ok now my main point is, why I prefer English novels?
Yes I do admit, Konserto Terakhir, Interlok,
or Di Sisi Rinda are examples of good novels.
Written by our Sasterawan Negara.
Or Mandatori by Ramlee Awang Murshid?
But Malay novels nowadays are dissapointing.
The language actually, the way the writers narrate.
Sometimes you feel like returning the book back to the bookshop after you've finished 4 pages.
Some novels are good. But it's cliche.
"A poor girl who actually came from a rich family"
"Contract marriage"
"Puppy love"
"Aristocrat business money money money blah blah blah"
Cliche, isn't it?
Maybe our writer need to put some fresh ideas. We need to change and broaden the mind.
I've read a few novels which are so motivating.
First, Kira-Kira written by Cynthia Kadohata.
Or even, Mummy's Little Girl by Jane Elliot.
Or Waves by Sharon Dogar.
This novels are very good actually. Beautifully narrated.
But to all Malay-novel-readers who really loves the novels, you're a good reader.
I also love Ain Maisarah. Cool eh? Haha. I remember reading Aku Mahu Popular.
It's cool.
p/s : still searching for good Malay novels. I hope there are many suggestions.
No comments :
Post a Comment